9.23.2010

Welcome to New York


I {heart} New York
 We recently went to New York to visit Gregg's ever growing family.  We met the newest addition Mr. Zachary Taliercio.  Boy was he a cutey.  He was the sweetest little baby, but he was always hungry.  It was so great to finally meet the little guy.  But as always I fail to bring my camera, so I will have to wait until there are some photos on Facebook. 

We also went to New York for Gregg's sister's graduation party.  She graduated in June, but was so sweet to hold off having her big party until we could visit.  It is a huge adjustment and sacrifice for his family to not have him live back east.  We wish that we could visit every month, but the cost of plane tickets never seem to drop.  Can you believe that we paid $1000 to fly us there for Thanksgiving.  We both wanted to visit during Christmas too, but that tickets are already the cost of one arm and one leg.  So we will probably have to spend Christmas apart from each other or his family, both are heart breaking. 

Going to New York a second time has made me realize that there are certain things that you absolutely have to do when we are in New York.  I have created a list of things to do, the list keeps growing, maybe when the list is long enough it will be time to move back east.

1. Pizza.  I don't care where it comes from as long as it is not Pizza Hut or Domino's.  We have to have pizza...multiple times is preferred, but sometimes other people want to eat something besides pizza.
2. H&M.  I know that I could go shorter distances for this great find, but cannot compete with the multiple floors that the New York stores have.  I think that it is absolutely absurd that we can't get one of these in SLC yet...maybe with the City Center they will cave and I will be able to spend my pennies on a monthly basis rather than a quarterly basis.
3. Bagels.  I am the first to admit that I have a carb problem, but I can resist any bagel or donut on any given day now.  Some people can't imagine passing up an Einstein bagel, I mean the smears alone are so delicious.  (I have a slight addiction to cream cheeses.)  I have to admit that I was once in this place, then I discovered that Einstein Bros is a fraud and they are not serving real bagels.  I can't describe what makes a New York bagel better, it just is.
4. Chicken Parm.  I added this to my list because it is on Gregg's list.  He won't go home without having this at least 2 times.  If his mom doesn't make it, he orders it from various Italian restaurants.
5. Trader Joe's.  I love this store.  There is just something about natural, whole, real not processed products that I just can't get enough of.  Plus they have the best darn chocolate ever.  Not that I need chocolate, but you sometimes you just need chocolate.

Some things that may make the list for next trip, Italian Ices, mom's lasagna, Broadway, other shopping finds, who knows what this city will bring us next time.  I am almost certain that if we go to the city Magnolia's Bakery will be on the list.

Thanks to all of Gregg's family for a great trip and yummy food.  (I don't think I need to eat pasta with ricotta for months.)

1 comment:

Holly said...

All of that sounds like a BLAST!!! I'm glad ya had a good time! And rumor on the street last year was that H&M was on the vendor list for City Center... cross your fingers!