8.11.2010

Central Park

Central Park is amazingly beautiful.  In the heart of the city, it is hard to image that this beautiful garden could exist in the "concrete jungle." 

An overview of Central Park

I really only wanted to see the part of the park that is in the movie One Fine Day, the fountain.
 

First Glimpse
The "Other Side" 












It was really cool to walk under the bridge that is in so many different TV shows and films.  It was like, "Well this is strange, I have seen this before," but I really hadn't.



Even with seeing pictures of Central Park, there was no way I would ever be able to explain to you how breath taking it was.  The history that is in this park is astounding.  I can't believe how many trees there are.  There were only a few spots that were not covered in shade, and it wasn't because of the lack of greenery.  Every where I looked it was green.


Center of the Park
 The trees in New York are different then they are here.  I know you think, a tree is a tree, but these trees have a story.  Each of them. They all have character.  They even have trees surrounding the highways.  Not like driving through Utah and seeing dirt and tumble weeds.

Paddle Boats...so romantic!
My next favorite part was the water.  No it was not clean and pristine water, but it was so cozy.  There were little sail boats on one part of the lake and then on the other side there were paddle boats with cute couples in them.  I really wanted to do a paddle boat ride, I thought it would be very romantic.  Then Gregg reminded me of how hot it was and that I would have to help paddle...I immediately changed my mind.  I did not want to melt any more than I already was. 

I wonder if these boats have drugs in them like in Gossip Girl

Gregg:"I won't take you on a paddle boat, but smile I'll take a picture with you."


Right before we were going to head to get a hot dog and cup cake and trying to navigate our way out of the park I caught a glimpse of this.  I will forever remember and {heart} Central Park.


No comments: