2.09.2010

BAD STUDENT

I have a confession to make.

I am a terrible student. It was one of my goals was to be a better student this year, to get my head on straight, and focus and pass my classes with flying colors. Well let's just say this might not have happened as I had planned out.

First, my Calculus II class is at 7:30 AM. I have done my best to get my @$$ out of bed to make it on time, but when I realized that my teacher is sort of a tool bag...my motivation went out the door. I however, have made a promise to myself that I will for the rest of the semester no matter how shotty I think my professor is I will go to class as often as possible and do much better on my assignments and tests that I have this first part of the semester. If I go to 90% of my classes from this point forward I am going to reward myself with a new purse, therefore, I am not allowed to buy, borrow or trade for a new bag/purse until the end of the term.

Second, I failed my physics exam with flying colors. Don't worry kids I was not the minority this time around. 493 other students failed this exam as well. So I feel that the teacher and TA's did not do their job in making sure we understand what the hell we are suppose to do on each test. I feel that they are already trying to do a better job...I just think it was a little late. Like try 6 weeks too late. So although I don't really know how to do better in this class because, unlike my calc class I actually show up to all of these classes and discussions without fail (They are in the afternoon, much easier to be awake for these) I feel that I have to have some sort of motivational goal for this class as well. So I have decided that I will read and understand 1-2 chapters per week and perform at least 5-6 problems from each chapter on my own...no help from Gregg. I feel that will be the best way to understand what they want on the test and to understand the subject as a whole.


Third, I missed an assignment on my online class. I got my dates mixed up and I don't really know how that happened because I meticulous about getting my dates right for tests, quizzes, and assignments. I always put them into my calendar at the first of the term and double check when the teacher reminds and posts them throughout the term. When I logged in and saw all of these announcements and red warnings that I was late I couldn't believe it. My heart almost fell outside of my body because I was crushed and convinced that I am a failure student and don't deserve to go to the U. So I am going to grovel, and hopefully my professor takes major pity on me to at least gives me partial credit on my peer reviewed article that I was suppose to submit 12 hours ago. Other than that I will just take better note as to when my next assignment is, and definitely not procrastinate on submitting assignments on time in the future.

So there is my confession. I am totally crushed that I couldn't get my head into the school game and actually change my bad habits. I guess bad habits are harder to break than I originally thought. They say that admitting is the first step to recovery, so I felt that I had to confess to the world that I am really a bad student and I hope that our future doesn't take after me as an example student until after I have broken my bad habits and actually become the student that I know I am.

Disclaimer: If by some off chance Gregg actually decides to read my blog, please don't be mad that I haven't been a very good student. It is in no way your fault, and I hope that you will still help me with my physics homework because I would have been totally 100% lost in my class if it wasn't for you, and as you have read I have made a very stern promise that I will be better from this point forward. {hearts}

No comments: